Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the beginning...

There was a girl (me.) I had all the qualities of being a normal girl. But somewhere along the way, where, no one can say for sure, something went horribly wrong. Whether it was my extremely religious and quirky upbringing (one time we held a funeral for our toilets in our backyard. Burial and all.) Or a string of failed relationships, which led to quotes such as "I like you, but to a degree", and the equally flattering "I like you. But not as much as you like me."

I find myself here. My love of bacon is slowly starting to settle into my midsection. My emotional wall is one rejected brink away from impenetrable. And I'm a little too content living with my sister and two cats. And as I sit here thinking that my cat Charlie is all the man I will ever need, I realize it's now or never.

I'm straddling the fine line between finding love, or finding myself knitting sweaters out of cat hair. I think I want to try for the former. Here I go.

So sit back, relax, and prepare to be underwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment